Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Enough

I am enough. 


I am a child of God. I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, a preachers wife, a speech pathologist. 

I am enough. 

These days with social media (I am just as addicted to it as everyone else) I feel bombarded with the sense that everyone has something they are great at, their "thing" thay everyone admires them for, leading them to have 10,000 followers on Instagram. Here I sit feeling like I am so busy every moment of every day, and wondering "what's my thing?", "what am I great at?", "what are people going to admire me for?"  With all that busy what and who exactly am I?

I get so caught up wanting to be like all of these people that I admire for their accomplishments that I often lose sight of the most important thing: I am a child of God and I AM ENOUGH just as I am. 

If I never learn to knit or sew, successfully grow our own fruits and vegetables, support my family by learning to refinish old furniture and make it into something amazing, or become the most amazing pinterest mom, God still loves me. 


But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
- 1 Peter 2:9 


So often I allow myself to get caught up in seeking earthly approval that I forget about the one whose love and approval matters most. God has chosen us to be His family and that is enough. 

In Him...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment