Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The JOY of my SALVATION

The JOY of MY SALVATION

Create in me a clean heart, O God
and renew a right spirit within me
Create in me a clean heart, O God
and renew a right spirit within me

Cast me not away from your presence O Lord
and take not your holy Spirit from me
RESTORE unto me, the JOY OF MY SALVATION
and renew a right spirit within me.

I remember the joy I had when I first became a Christian and thought that nothing could ever bring me down from that feeling of being so one with God that nothing could separate us.  Then years have passed, and I continued to allow the world to steal my joy, or, often times, I have allowed the things of the world to become my joy instead of God.

I have allowed myself to place the importance of worldly things above the joy and fulfillment I receive in Jesus.  Tonight at my Heartfelt group I was reminded that my joy is in the Lord, and in the salvation promised for those who live for Him.  We also talked about goals for 2016.  I pray that in 2016 I will prioritize my Lord and Savior above all, spending time with him in prayer and word, with the amazing church family I have been blessed with, and in renewing my joy in the salvation given to me through Christ Jesus and his sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment